The second entry into the 37 Cooks and Sciabica Olive Oil challenge is a crust-less and veggie filled quiche. This can easily be made in a large baking dish, pie dish, or individual ramekins. Quiche is another one of those “blank canvases” that I love because you can add any ingredient that you want. Quiche is perfect for large groups of people especially for brunch or a “make you own” quiche breakfast with your family. Just have prep bowls of different ingredients (mushrooms, onions, tomatoes, cheese, ham, spinach, kale, zucchini, etc.) and let each person make their own with their favorite ingredients.
Crust-less Quiche – Serves 4-8
- Manzanillo Variety Fall Harvest Olive Oil 2 Tablespoons
- Garlic, minced 1 Tablespoon
- Baby Spinach, Chiffonade 1 Cup
- Zucchini, 1/4 inch dice 1/2 Cup
- Onion, White 1/4 inch dice 1/4 Cup
- Bell Pepper, Orange, 1/4 inch dice 1/4 Cup
- Salt, Kosher 1/2 Teaspoon
- Pepper, freshly ground 1/4 Teaspoon
- Cilantro, fine chop 1 Tablespoon
- Low-fat Mozzarella Cheese 1 Cup
- Egg Beaters 2 Cups
Method of Preparation:
- Gather all ingredients and equipment.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add olive oil.
- Add garlic and spinach and sautee until spinach is wilted, about 3 minutes.
- Add zucchini, onion, and bell pepper. Continue to sautee for an additional 2 minutes or until onion is translucent.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Either divide vegetable mixture evenly into 4 ramekins or into a large 9 inch round baking dish (pie dish, cake pan, etc.)
- In a medium bowl add eggs and remaining salt and pepper, mix well (if using whole eggs, if not proceed to step 9)
- Top vegetables evenly with cilantro, mozzarella cheese and egg beaters. Season with remaining salt and pepper if desired.
- Bake until eggs have set in the center (about 25-30 minutes for the ramekins depending on their size or 45-60 minutes for a 9 inch pan).
- Remove from oven and drizzle lightly with Manzanillo Variety Fall Harvest Olive Oil
- You can add this to a crust as well and you can use whatever fillings you choose: mushrooms, ham, kale, etc.
- You can substitute the egg beaters for whole eggs and use 6-8 eggs.