I know veggie noodles are all the rage right now…trust me I am 100% on board with this food trend. There are many gadgets that you can use to make veggie noodles, some more expensive than others, but they all pretty much achieve the same final product…veggie noodles! When I was contacted by Veggetti® to do a review, I jumped right on that.
Veggetti® is a handheld device that makes for a quick and easy way to turn your veggies into veggie noodles/pasta. Veggie noodles offers a healthier, lower-carb alternative to regular pasta. All you have to do is choose which veggie(s) you want to have and twist away. Some that I love are zucchini, summer squash, carrots, cucumbers, and sweet potatoes! You simply cut off the end of your chosen veg, insert it into either the thick or thin strand side of the Veggetti® and twist away to create strands of delicious veggie pasta or noodles. There are so many delicious recipes for you to make with veggie noodles…you could toss your noodles in a marinara sauce, bolognese sauce, some light salad dressing, or make your own vinaigrette. All you need is to be creative! As I mentioned veggie noodles are a great alternative to regular pasta, especially for those that are gluten-free and/or diabetic!
In addition to the Veggetti® I was also sent a $25 VISA gift card to buy ingredients to be used in the creation of a dish. I decided to create a Greek Salad, using cucumbers, zucchini, carrots, and summer squash. I really wanted to make an extremely colorful dish, as my food mantra is “eat the rainbow”. Below is my recipe and I hope you enjoy it!
This is a great little kitchen gadget to have…the size is perfect, it fits into your kitchen drawer without a problem, and you can easily take it with you (vacation, camping, etc.). I actually took mine with me to my younger cousin’s graduation party and made my own meal, everyone was a bit jealous and looking for more of it. Had I known that people would be so into it, I would have made a big dish of it. The Veggetti® is sturdy and has two ends that you can choose from: thick and thin.
Keep reading for your chance to win a Veggetti® and a $25 VISA Gift Card!
Veggetti® Greek Salad
- Cucumber 1 small
- Zucchini 1 small
- Carrot 1 large
- Summer Squash 1 small
- Cherry Tomatoes, quartered 1/2 cup
- Red Onion 1/2 cup (1 small onion)
- Olives, Kalamata, halved 1/4 cup
- Feta Cheese 2 tablespoons
- Lemon Juice, fresh 1/4 cup
- Vinegar, white 1/4 cup
- Garlic, grated 2 cloves
- Basil, fresh 1/2 tablespoon
- Mint, fresh 1/2 tablespoon
- Oregano, fresh 1/2 tablespoon
- Black Pepper, fresh 1/4 teaspoon
- Feta Cheese 2 tablespoons
- Olive Oil 3 1/2 tablespoons
Method of Preparation
- Wash all vegetables well
- One at a time, twist each vegetable at time into a bowl
- Quarter the tomatoes and set aside
- Thinly slice the red onions and set aside
- Halve the kalamata olives and set aside
- In a food processor or blender add all of the dressing ingredients blend until smooth
- Taste dressing for seasoning and adjust accordingly
- Add 3/4 of the dressing to the bowl of veggie noodles, and toss to coat
- Top the salad with the cherry tomatoes, onions, and olives, toss well
- Sprinkle with feta cheese
- Serve with remaining dressing on the side
*Optional – top with grilled chicken breast if serving as an entrée.
The Veggetti®, gift card, information, and additional gift pack have been provided by Ontel – Thank you for this opportunity!
Entry is really simple…
Leave a comment below telling me what you would make first if you won this.
That’s it…one simple entry, is required but if you would like additional entries please leave a separate comment for each of the following:
- Like Creative Cooking Gluten Free on Facebook
- Share this post and giveaway on social media and be sure to share the link below (you can do this daily)!
Entry is open to US residents only…no P.O. boxes. Giveaway ends on Wednesday August 20th, 201 at 11:59pm EST. Good luck to all who enter!