Summer has officially hit! I’m not a huge fan of heat and humidity but I love the natural Vitamin D, fresh summer fruits, and of course grilling. So why not combine all three of these into one? This is a quick and delicious fruit salad that you can easily adapt to your liking and perfect for your summer cookouts (or BBQ’s as my California friends say). Each Sunday I make a meal plan for the 21 Day Fix program that I am doing and then head to the grocery store. I have two servings of fruit ever day and I love doing mixed fruit with a bit of plain Greek yogurt with a drizzle of honey…just the right amount of sweetness. This week I picked up some champagne mangos (the little yellow ones…my favorites next to the green mangos found in the Philippines), pineapple, watermelon, and nectarines. Fruit is so naturally sweet to begin with, but when you grill them a whole new flavor profile comes out. The Greek yogurt dipping sauce is just lightly sweetened with honey, so it adds a tangyness to the sweet grilled fruit. This is sure to be a summer favorite!
The Fresh Fruit Bowl (available from Bed Bath and Beyond) is awesome for any salad…fruit or not!. It is a three-piece set (bowl, strainer bowl, and cover) which helps to keep the juices away from the fruit so they keep fresh longer. This bowl is HUGE. It is 7 quarts, so make sure you’ve got some room in that fridge of yours and load it up with lots of fresh fruit. It also offers an easy pour spout to help drain the juices that have collected at the bottom of the bowl.
Be sure to check out below how to enter for your chance to win one of these Fresh Fruit Bowls!
Grilled Fruit Salad with Greek Yogurt Dip
- 1 Medium Pineapple
- 1 Small Watermelon
- 2 Champagne Mangos
- 2 Nectarines
- 1/2 cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 1/2 tsp. Raw Honey
- 1/8 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
Method of Preparation
- Preheat Grill to medium-high heat
- Remove the rind from the watermelon and slice into “steaks”, place into fresh fruit bowl
- Remove the rind from the pineapple and slice to remove the core, and slice into long “steaks”, place into fresh fruit bowl
- Keeping the skin on the mangos, slice along either side of the pit, and place the halves into the fresh fruit bowl and discard the pit
- Cut nectarines in half, remove and discard the pit, and place halves into the fresh fruit bowl
- In a small bowl combine the plain Greek yogurt, honey, and cinnamon, mix well. Cover and keep refrigerated until ready to use
- Place the fruit on the preheated grill and grill until desired doneness
- Remove from grill and place back into the fresh fruit bowl
- Serve the fruit pieces whole or cut up and top with yogurt dip and fresh mint leaf
Want to win a Fresh Fruit Bowl?
Entry is simple…There are several different options, just be sure to leave a separate comment for each entry so you can be entered in the appropriate number of times!
One (1) winner will be chosen at random using random.org. Winner must live within the continental United States. Winner will also be given 48 hours after notification to respond or another winner will be chosen. Giveaway begins on June 23rd and will end on July 30th at 11:59pm EST.
Ways to Enter:
1. Leave a comment below telling me why you want to win this Fresh Fruit Bowl
2. Follow Good Cook on Facebook (leave a comment below with your FB name)
3. Follow Good Cook on Twitter (leave a comment below with your twitter handle)
4. Follow Creative Cooking Gluten Free on Facebook (leave a comment below with your FB name)
5. Follow Creative Cooking Gluten Free on Twitter (leave a comment below with your twitter handle)
6. Share this post on your social media sites – you must include #freshfruitbowl and #BBBProduct (Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, etc.) and be sure to share the link to that post!
Good Cook Contest Rules:
- One prize per household for each Good Cook event. For example, if someone wins on 2 or more blogs, they – or their family members – will only receive one prize from that event.
- If a household has won a prize in a previous Good Cook event, they are not eligible win again for 6 months.
- If a household has won more than one prize in a previous Good Cook event (prior to the one-win-in-six-months rule), they aren’t eligible win again for 12 months.
Good Cook Bloggers and Good Cook Kitchen Experts are not eligible to win prizes in Good Cook sponsored events, whether or not they participated in the event or not.
- Good Cook will confirm that winners are eligible and will disqualify anyone who has won more than once.
- Prizes ship from Good Cook and can take 8-10 weeks after the contest ends, unless otherwise stated. You must be 18 or older to win. US shipping addresses only.
- Good Cook reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal value if sufficient inventory is not available.