Spring has officially sprung! I love this time of year for all the beautiful flowers blooming and the fresh fruits and vegetables, I can’t wait for the farmer’s markets to really pick up. Spring time also means it’s time for lots of celebrations…graduations, Mother’s Day, Memorial Day, etc. So if you are looking for an easy and super delicious treat to share at any one of these occasions look no further. I was originally going to make a salad for this recipe, but Bryan said it was “too simple” and I should do something sweet instead. I didn’t want to do anything with brownies so I though of the cheesecake that I make Bryan for his birthday that has a chocolate chip cookie crust that he loves and decided to make some adjustments; turning this into a lovely spring treat. I kept the cookie crust but decided that since the bowls were already baked, why not do a no-bake cheesecake filling, make it bright with some lemon juice and lemon zest and then top with fresh berries. I love the tangy flavor of the 1/3 fat cream cheese and always use that in my cheesecakes.
Good Cook has done it again with their Bake-A-Bowl pan – it is a 6 cup pan with two pieces that you fill, top, and bake to create the perfect little bowls! You can pretty much make anything with this pan…brownie bowls, cookie bowls, pancake bowls, tortilla bowls, cornbread bowls, etc. Much to Bryans dismay I have an obsession with kitchen equipment, but my defense is I use everything I have! So if you are like me, and love playing around with fun with new kitchen goodies, you have to check this out.
Check out my recipe for Cheesecake Cups using a cookie crust and a no bake cheesecake filling topped with delicious fresh strawberries, perfect for Mother’s day – I promise she will love these!
- 1 package of cookie mix (chocolate chip, sugar cookie, etc. – follow directions on package to prepare)
- 1 – 8oz package of 1/3 fat cream cheese (softened)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2-1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 8 oz heavy cream
- 1 pint fresh berries (strawberries – sliced thin)
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
Method of Preparation
- Prepare cookie mix as directed on package
- Spray both the bottom and top pan lightly with non-stick spray
- Evenly divide prepared cookie mix into six portions and place into the bottom of the Bake-A-Bowl pan, be sure to not fill past the “fill line”
- Take the top part of the pan and press it in to place
- Bake according to package instructions (you made need a little bit of additional time, these baked for 22 minutes)
- Remove from oven and let cool – do not remove top of pan until completely cooled.
- Once cooled, remove bowls from pan and set aside.
- Using either a stand mixer or electric mixer beat together the softened cream cheese, lemon juice, and lemon zest until soft and smooth.
- Add in whipping cream and mix on low until incorporated and then turn it to medium-low and mix until it becomes thickened.
- Add in the sugar and mix until incorporated
- Poor into chilled bowls and refrigerate for several hours (or over night if making this ahead of time).
- Wash and then slice strawberries thinly and place in a bowl
- Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon of sugar and toss to coat. This will help the natural juices release.
- To assemble the cheesecakes, remove from the refrigerator and let them stand at room temp for 15-20 minutes prior to serving. Top with fresh berries or your favorite cheesecake topping.
- Sweet treats: brownies, cookie, etc.
- Bake in the top part of the bowls as well – can be used as fillings inside the bottom of the bowl
- If making bread bowls – but a baking sheet over the top of the pan to weigh it down…this will help with the bread from rising too much.
- Non-sweet treats: cornbread bowls for chili, Tortilla bowls for tacos or salad, Bacon bowls etc.
- Breakfast: Bacon bowls filled with scrambled eggs, pancake bowls, hashbrown nests, etc.
- Have fun, and be creative!
You can buy Sweet Creations products online from Good Cook and get a 25% discount with the code BAKEBOWL.
Check out more great recipes and ideas here!
#goodcook #goodcookkitchenexpert #sweetcreations